To: E. Ortega, Assistant Director of Student Life and Leadership Development

From: L. Abordo, Undergraduate Student

Subject: School Spirit in the NAC

Date: March 4, 2020

The purpose of this memo is to request a change in the wall colors of the NAC to promote a better school spirit for the students like myself. I believe that the sense of beauty through colored walls can help make this campus more fun. It will create a welcoming and comforting environment for students to spend their time in and therefore can also help lessen their stress academically.  

Summary

City College of New York is no doubt one of the most beautiful campuses in New York City. Although, I believe that there is still room for improvement especially in the NAC building where most of the students spend their time in. I would love to share my ideas with you when you have a chance.

Discussion

CCNY is a beautiful campus along with a lot of great students and staff. Although, I believe that we need to bring more attention to improving the NAC building where more than half of the students in CCNY spend their time in. The NAC is where most of the student’s classes are located. Which is why I believe that it’s worth spending the time and money into improving the NAC.

According to Psych Central, during the winter/colder season the level of depression amongst people are very high. This brings me to the point that during winter/colder season, more student’s also spend most of their time inside the buildings mainly in the NAC. Having more vibrant and united wall colors that represent CCNY could make any student feel better than by viewing wall colors such as orange and green that are not associated with the school they attend. I strongly suggest that we paint the walls of the NAC purple and grey which are the colors of our school. This will boost the student’s school spirit and also their mood when they are in the NAC.

The NAC as you may know has a lot of technical issues regarding its escalators, elevators and the lights that are also in need of attention. I understand that these require a lot more work and money to get fixed, which is why I am recommending a much cheaper project to create a more welcoming and less stressful environment for the students like myself. 

Recommendation

I would love to talk more about some of the designs that could be done in painting the walls of the NAC building. You can reach me through my phone (347-111-1111) or email (libertyabordo@gmail.com) when you have time and we can discuss any concerns or questions that you may have. Thank you for your time.